Vault Professional, Workgroup and Vault Basic UI
If you are using any of the above versions of Vault, you might notice that the information you need might not be readily available and it is somewhat daunting to make sense of it all at times.
Well, this is to be expected since each and every single company using Autodesk Vault will have a different workflow and different needs for the data management.
Here are a couple of ways to get the most out of your Vault User Interface and how they can be useful:
Customize the View
- Click the main pane, and then click View ► Customize View.
- In the Customize View dialog box, select one of the following:
- Fields: to add or remove fields from view
- Custom Filters: to selectively choose categories to appear in the current view. Custom Filters is only available in the main view.
- Other Settings: to customize grid options, auto preview for comments, and column sizing.
- Reset: to restore the original view settings.
- Click OK to apply and close the dialog box.
You can restore the original view settings by clicking Reset in the Customize View dialog box.
Customize Additional View Settings
- Click the main pane or the preview pane, and then click View ►Customize View.
- In the Customize View dialog box, click Other Settings.
- In the Settings dialog, select:
- Show grid lines to display the column and row separator lines. Enabled by default.
- Show “Group By” box to display the Group By box above the columns for quick sorting.
- Show AutoPreview to display comments below each row.
- Automatic column sizing to fit all columns within the grid area. Enabled by default.
Note: AutoPreview and Group By are only available for grid views (not available for tree views).
Saved searches and shortcuts
Suppose you wanted to always see which designs are currently checked out, by anyone at anytime.
The conventional way would be to do an advanced search and adjusting the checked out by property field each time. This can be tedious. What you can do instead, is create a search for the checked out field to be “in not empty”.
You can then save this search and it will appear under my saved searches.