Whats New – Natural Materials and Objects
Communicate the cozy feeling of your design and its environment with new, natural objects and materials in Lumion 9.5, available now.
Apply any of the 52 new wood and brick materials and you’ll immediately set up that warm, home-sweet-home feeling for your interiors and exteriors. You can then invite nature into your design with the 14 new leafless trees and shrubs, 96 forest wood objects (twigs, trunks, logs, punk woods, stumps, etc.) and 25 potted plants.*
With the added benefit of lightning-fast rendering, Lumion 9.5 makes it easy to connect interior and exterior spaces with a consistent mood, while helping you quickly polish the look of your renders with a breathtaking level of realism.
Lumion 9.5 is now available as a free update for all Lumion 9.x users
By ordering a new Lumion 9 license or seat now, you will automatically get Lumion 9.5.
The new HD materials in Lumion 9.5 and Lumion 9.5 Pro include:
- 3 fine woods for interiors and exteriors
- 2 wood materials for cabins walls
- 16 wood floors
- 9 types of wood planks
- 4 types of worn wood planks
- 12 brick materials
- 3 types of medieval bricks
- 2 types of diamond steel floors
- 1 fabric wicker material
For the new models, listed below, you can find some unlocked in the standard version of Lumion:
- 11 leafless trees
- 3 leafless shrubs
- 5 fir cones
- 16 logs
- 34 types of punk wood
- 15 tree stumps
- 26 twigs
- 25 potted plants
Changes & Resolved Errors
- Reflection Effect: Reflection Planes are now placed correctly on surfaces in confined spaces (e.g. interiors).
- Place item on nodes & Replace selection: Large numbers of trees & plants no longer result in pop-up error messages when using these functions.
Loading & saving
- Merge Scene: Merging large numbers of trees & plants no longer results in pop-up messages.
- MyLumion: Entering more than one email address no longer causes a crash.
- The Reflectivity Masks for Man_African_0004 and Man_Caucasian_0012 have been fixed.
Importing & exporting
- Textures with a width and/or a height in excess of 16,384 pixels no longer cause a crash when importing/re-importing models.
- Collada .DAE importer: Using the LiveSync function or the Lumion LiveSync .DAE exporter should now generate material names that are closer to the original material names in most supported 3D/CAD software. For example “.Floor(1) Lobby” in Revit will result in “.Floor(1) Lobby” in Lumion as well. Some 3D/CAD software does not allow the use of special characters and/or spaces when exporting files. In those cases, the characters are replaced by underscores.
- The Lumion importer now checks the source of the Collada .DAE file. If the Collada .DAE file is from a trusted source, it is imported faster and consumes less memory. Trusted sources are as follows:
– The LiveSync Collada .DAE exporters.
– Any exporter that uses Open Collada, such as Blender.
– Any exporter that uses FBX Collada (Autodesk Collada), such as 3ds Max.
– SketchUp files (.SKP).
- Localization: Slovakian is now included in Lumion.
- If the Lumion installer finds a previous installation of the same version of Lumion, the installation path is now displayed.
- The User Analytics function now counts the models that all users place in Scenes for statistical analysis.
- Text fields no longer linger when closing windows in certain situations.
Lumion 9 Release Trailer
Lumion Lunch and Learn Presentation at TU Delft – Full Video
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.”
Earlier this year, the Lumion team along with Dutch architect Paul Spaltman spoke with over 100+ students from one of the most renowned architecture schools, TU Delft.
How to create 3D environment models from drone images
In this Lumion video tutorial, we will show you how to create 3D environments using drone images and photogrammetry software. By creating these intricately detailed 3D models of real-life environments, you can quickly provide the context for a house or building design. Special thanks to Ahmed Tarek for letting us use his 3D residential building for this tutorial.
You can see more of his work on his Behance profile: https://www.behance.net/aty94
LUMION 9 STANDARD
R 26 380.00 (excl. VAT) once-off license
R 2 540.00 (excl. VAT) monthly (12 months)
LUMION 9 PRO
R 51 800.00 (excl. VAT) once-off license
R 4 950.00 (excl. VAT) monthly (12 months)